Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nothing can replace a sister.


Another unfinished draft I found in my files from 2010 I think.  I wanted to post it unfinished




Yesterday we had The Mitchels and the Halls over to play. That was 7 children running all over the house and yard. There were laughter and tears, battles and harmony. It was a great day!!

Today Megan asked me why I was having another group over to play today.

Good question.

I was thinking about it as I sat listening to 6 children playing Mr. Potato in the Bonus room. Why do I host so many playdates for James? A lot of effort and cleanup goes into these adventures. It might be easier to just turn on the T.V. and take a break once and a while.

So I made a list of reasons:

To develop his social skills.

To keep him stimulated.

To hear the laughter of children.

To socially network.

To help him learn to cooperate
with a group.




But, perhaps most of all to help him miss his sister Tasha a tiny bit less. At the end of the day he still wants to tell her of all his adventures and sorrows. No matter what nothing can replace the deep love he has for his sister.

Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister
---Alice Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment