Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Turn

My Turn


About 3 years ago my first and oldest daughter Natasha wrote this blog post that melted my heart.
http://tashamoon.wordpress.com/2009/10/05/i-love-my-mother/

   For Christmas that year she asked what I wanted for Christmas and I said "Just that Blogpost framed so that I can read it on my bad days."  It hangs framed and dusty by my bathroom mirror and has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life.

   Like other mothers I wonder if I am doing it right.  I question myself daily.  Sometimes my family is hard on me and sometimes I feel the judgement of the world.  Tasha helped me see the good in myself I did not see.

Since the day she wrote the post I have tried to write one about her in return.  I am no where the Blogger that she is, but I wanted her to have the some kind of reference to the fantastic person she has always been.  So now it is my turn.

My Daughter, my Teacher

    When I think of my daughter Tasha the scripture that often comes into my mind is Matthew 5:14 "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."  She has truly been a light in  my life in so many ways.  I do not know what I did in the Premortal life to qualify me as a  Mother for such an amazing girl. 

    Tasha is a light in much of what she does and says.  She has a tremendous understanding of the Gospel and has guided me at times with her insight and is humble enough to seek mine.  Tasha has always been a beautiful example of dressing modestly.  She has a gift and a love for little children especially her brother. I love when she takes to time to talk to James about the Gospel.  Sometimes he shares with me the things she has said and I know she has a great impact on him. When Tasha sings it is with the beauty of an angel and her testimony always shines through.  She sings to bear testimony of the Savior and the Gospel not to glorify herself.

  Tasha has blessed our lives with two young men that David and I love as sons.  The first one was her best friend in High School who remains a strength and example to our family.  The Second is her fantastic husband that we are amazed by everyday.  I know Tasha will be an inspired  mother and Brandon will be a careful loving father.  Their goodness brings us such joy.

  Tasha has a unwavering obedience to the Lord  that inspires others to be better.  She is humble enough to know she has flaws and involves the Lord in overcoming them.  She has been open about her struggle with depression and has strengthened many in the process.   I have been so proud of her brave struggle with this terrible episode.  She is coming out of this depression with greater strength than ever before.   Just when I didn't think she could get better as a person the Lord found a way to give her a trial to make her even stronger. 


 Sometimes we teach our children about life and sometimes they teach us.  I am so blessed as a mother to share a life with a daughter who always stands for truth and righteousness  even when she has to stand alone.  One of my greatest blessings in life is to know that I get to be her mom forever.

  I love you Tasha you are everything a mother could ask for.



No comments:

Post a Comment