Monday, September 24, 2012

The Bigger Picture






     It has been said  that Families are like wind chimes.  When one piece of the wind chime makes a movement no matter how small, it causes the other sections to move as well.


     When one person makes a choice it effects other members of the family.  I am grateful for members of my family that try to make choices that will strengthen others.  My family has been a strength to me.


       All families  have disagreements on issues.  Sometimes people battle instead of talk.  Sometimes people seek revenge instead of seeking information.  Right now I am caught in the middle of such a battle.  As the arrows are shot they harm the innocent bystanders.  The ones that suffer the most are the children.  They are caught in an atmosphere of distress and tension.  If we are not careful we model for them how to fight, attack and find fault.  This can backfire on us if our children learn to use these weapons against their own families in the future.
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is a story I love  about a group of  people who bury their weapons of war and refuse to battle anymore.  I am amazed by how brave these people  were.  They knew  they would be attacked again and could die for their commitment to peace.  The people in this story who committed not to fight were willing to do what they knew what was right even if they felt their attackers were wrong. 
 
 
I stand in the middle of this conflict with my weapons buried.
  I refuse to hate, attack and seek revenge. 
 
 
   Will  you join me?

2 comments: